Prof. of History Tom Murphy will be sharing some visual aids and starting off our conversation on Thursday with the following questions:
- Why does a book about the end of the World War I focus on the war itself?
- Why do we care about Henry Gunther’s death?
- Why did the fighting continue until 11 am on November 11?
- What do we learn about World War I? Why are stories from the war so compelling?
- What elements of the war interested you? Which people?
- What repercussions of the Great War continue to affect world conflicts and politics today?